Adorable 3 bedroom 3 bath cape code in Commodore Park. Secluded neighborhood, fully fenced backyard with deck. Huge master bedroom with walk-in closet and master bath. Large garage with workspace, separate shed. Large kitchen with eat in area. New Carpet throughout.
Nice 3bed 2bath home in Simonsdale with big open living/dining space. 1st floor laundry & full bath. Kitchen with appliances included. Large master with private full bath, jetted tub, tile shower. Covered front porch and side deck. Fenced back yard. Dual zone central HVAC and new water heater.
According to one study, making no cost/low cost changes can boost your home’s value $18,000. Why not implement some of the following suggestions to make your home more energy efficient?
1. Lower the thermostat on your water heater. If your hot tap water is too hot to touch, lower the temperature a few degrees.
2. Check for air leaking around doors. A lot of the air you pay to heat or cool escapes through unsealed doors. Install or replace worn weather stripping. Replace broken or missing storm doors.
3. Close the air vents in rooms not in use. For example, close the vents and shut the door to an unused guest room.
4. Keep heat producers far from your thermostat in summer. Floor lamps and televisions can significantly raise the temperature in the area near a thermostat, turning on your air conditioner too often.
5. Clean your furnace and air conditioner filters. Replace existing dirty air conditioner or furnace filters. During heavy use periods, replacement is recommended every 30 days.
6. Operate large appliances during low-use periods in summer. Use your washer and dryer and other heat-producers early in the morning or late at night. Use the air-dry method on your dishwasher to save energy.
7. Request an energy audit. Contact your local utility company to request a free energy audit. Most electric and gas companies will check for proper insulation, find cracks in the eaves or roof that could leak energy, and make recommendations for improvements. Some electric companies offer low-cost financing for such improvements.
8. Replace existing insulation. A proper barrier keeps heat and cold from penetrating your home’s exterior and provides for even temperatures between rooms. The EPA recently reported that proper ceiling insulation may reduce electric bills 20%.
9. Replace existing appliances. If money is no object, replace old appliances with Energy Star appliances, specifically created to optimize energy consumption. If your budget limits you to replacing one appliance, buy a new refrigerator; a new model could knock off 25% of your electric bill.
10. Buy new light bulbs. Replace incandescent bulbs with fluorescent.
11. Contact the U.S. Department of Housing and Urban Development regarding EEM Mortgages. EEMs provide benefits to borrowers purchasing a home that is energy efficient, or can be made efficient with improvements.
We help people buy and sell real estate! Call 757-466-1009 and let’s get started!
Located in the established Roosevelt Gardens neighborhood, this lovely home is sure to please. This quiet community offers everything nearby… bay front beaches, military bases, schools, neighborhood park, community recreational center, shopping, restaurants, and much more! With a professionally converted garage, this home offers a surprisingly spacious floor plan with 3 bedrooms, 1 bath, dining area, living room, a walk-in attic, and bonus room with fireplace. The fenced backyard also provides privacy, storage shed, patio extended driveway for boat storage, and dog run. Don’t miss this great opportunity. Call for your private showing today!
Property Details for 435 Monticello AVE #400B, Norfolk, VA 23510
BEAUTIFUL Downtown Norfolk Unit available in the sought after Welton Loft’s. Fantastic views of the city, walking distance to many restaurants and other activities. New wood flooring, ceramic backsplash and granite countertops are just a few of the amazing finishes. The charm of the original building exude in this space from the exposed brick walls, concrete ceilings, exposed piping and part of the original spiral staircase. With walls of windows you will have amazing views of the city! Call today and let’s take a look at your next home!
Beautiful colonial home on over 1/2 acre corner lot. Kitchen has newer cabinets and stainless steal appliances. This home features a large den with fireplace, large bedrooms with walk in closets. Roof is newer and water heater is less than 5 years old. Large bonus room with full bathroom over the garage.
A breath-taking remodel with exceptional finishes and features! New kitchen with stainless appliance package, update bathrooms with beautiful detail work. Original hardwoods restored. Detached garage and nice, private backyard with new sitting deck. This one won’t last long! New AC with 10 year warranty & new architectural shingle roof with 25 year warranty. New water heater.
Beautiful end unit condo with lots of living space. Open floor plan with vaulted ceilings. Hardwood floors throughout. Master bedroom with a new barn style door. Walk onto the patio for your coffee or relaxation with a view of the water. Centrally located to shopping, interstates as well as military bases. A definite must see!
Whoops! This one is GONE!
Remodeled Condo With Granite Countertops, Open Layout!
Property Details for 114 Bluff TER, Newport News, VA 23602
Stop looking for that perfect home…this is it! This 2002 condo was just remodeled a few years ago with granite counters, upgraded cabinets and has a nice open layout. Walk to the end of the neighborhood for a beautiful view of the Warwick River and Deep Creek Inlet. In these nice summer evening sit on the screened back porch or in front of the fireplace this fall and winter! Call today and lets take a look at your next home.
Dont miss the opportunity to own a piece of history! This home was built in 1859 and has all the charm of the older homes with most of the upgrades and conveniences you are looking for today. This 4 bedroom 3.5 bath home has tons of character and lots of space. The basement has lots of space with a fireplace for those cool fall nights. Take a look at this one today.